I have never made granola before but I’ve always wanted too. The granola I always see at the store is always so expensive and the few times I check the ingredients on the box I can’t pronounce over half the words.
I thought granola was supposed to be healthy, that’s what the front of the box told me?!
Besides, I can’t validate parting with $5.99 for only like 2 1/2 cups of the stuff.
I mean, come on, that’s more than a Starbucks! (or for non-coffee-holics: more than a gallon of gas LOL)
So anyway, after some searching through a few recipe books and pinterest, I combined a few different recipes into this one. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (I read somewhere that you can substitute canola oil for coconut oil, I will try that next time. I’m sure it would make it “better for you” 🙂 )
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray large baking sheet w/ nonstick spray.
- Combine all ingredients and stir until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely (air will help it get crunchy) and enjoy!