Ok, so you all know that I love coffee…..
Starbucks is the place I would go everyday if my wallet and waist size could ever handle it.
But one thing that I fell in love with at Starbucks last fall was a piece of their Pumpkin Loaf bread…ahhh….sorry I think I drooled a little.
Anyway, I have been trying to hunt down a recipe that would be almost exact, Starbucks unfortunately doesn’t release this kind of info 😦 So after a few trial runs and research I think I have found it and wanted to share with all my peeps out there.
So my fellow coffee, Starbucks, pumpkin or just plain food lovers out there, I think I found a recipe close enough to the famous Pumpkin Loaf bread they serve at the fine establishment, Starbucks!
Ultimate Pumpkin Bread
Yields 2 Medium Loaves
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, really soft, half melted really
3 large eggs
1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar. Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it is half melted. Dump it into the sugar. Add the eggs. Cream these three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
4. In three batches, add the dry ingredients and mix gently until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch.
5. Pour half of the batter into a one of the prepared pans. Fold the pecans into the remaining batter and then pour it into the other prepared pan. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean the top is golden.