I don’t know about you but I am really getting burned out on salad this summer. So I was trying to play around with something new. I really wanted to use strawberries, especially since we had a few pounds of them in the fridge that had to be used up. Also I was looking for something that would be low in fat and calories, so that would also be a great weight watchers recipe.
After a few tries, I think I did it!
I figured it was only about 2 points plus on the weight watchers scale. Now please keep in mind that I didn’t use the whole bag of spinach and this recipe made enough for 4 salads.
1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
1/4 Cup Balsamic Glaze
1 Bag of fresh Spinach
Optional – 1/4 Cup Fat Free Feta Cheese
1 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- In a small pan heat up balsamic glaze for about 3 minutes on medium-medium/low heat.
- Then add strawberries to glaze. Let strawberries and glaze cook together for about 5 minutes on medium/low heat. Remove from heat.
- On small plates place desired amount of spinach.
- Drizzle strawberry glaze over spinach.
- Top with a few sprinkles of feta cheese and pine nuts if you like for some added flavor and texture.